History of the Business
Frank Williamson Senior’s father, John Williamson, came to Florida in 1896. Frank Williamson Sr. came to Okeechobee in 1941 from Pinellas County and purchased the land, which came to be known as Williamson Cattle Company in the late 1940s. Frank “Sonny” Williamson Jr. and his son Frank “Wes” Williamson III currently run the 9,000-acre Okeechobee ranch. Wes’ son John Williamson, the fourth generation cattleman of the family, runs the Alabama ranch and his daughter Heather Williamson-Rucks is also active in the business. The fifth, sixth, and seventh generation Floridians pride themselves in running a hands-on owner-operated ranch. In 2000, the Williamsons celebrated 50 years of ranching in Okeechobee, Florida. They are looking forward to the future challenges and rewards associated with agricultural life in Florida and Alabama.